Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:31 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > Models
 4910 Hover Scout
 |  Printable Version
By: Yhnmko1 (offline) on Tuesday, November 09 2010 @ 09:40 PM GMT (Read 928 times)  
Yhnmko1

Rock Raiders (Miners) 4910 Hover Scout

Are mining equipment models ok? or do you want just space and piratron models?

LKIC Member|Alpha Tester|Beta Tester|LU Wiki Admin

Lego Universe Wiki

Forum Junior
Junior

United States, North
America, Earth, The
Solar System, The
Milky Way Galaxy,
The Universe

By: Sim533 (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 05:27 AM GMT  
Sim533

Quote by: Yhnmko1

Rock Raiders (Miners) 4910 Hover Scout

Are mining equipment models ok? or do you want just space and piratron models?

That is very cool. I should change the yellow command things at the top to grey command things.

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: Yhnmko1 (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 05:29 AM GMT  
Yhnmko1

Im trying to make them set-accurate.

Lego Universe Wiki

Forum Junior
Junior

United States, North
America, Earth, The
Solar System, The
Milky Way Galaxy,
The Universe

By: Sim533 (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 05:42 AM GMT  
Sim533

Quote by: Yhnmko1

Im trying to make them set-accurate.

That's just my opinion, not sure if it needs to be changed to more set themed.

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: jamesster (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM GMT  
jamesster

As with the Mars Mission model, if it is used, I think it should be colored to fit in with Classic Space. We've got two distinct styles in Moonbase Alpha - Classic Space style and Piratron style models - and if there is a model that doesn't fit into either, players may get a bit confused.

EDIT: Maybe like this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/james ... -scout.lxf

Playing LEGO Universe since December 8th, 2009. Member of LEGO Kids Inner Circle and local LEGO nerd.

Forum Junior
Junior

Texas

Profile Email    

By: kingsley (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM GMT  
kingsley

This is an interesting discussion. We do want to open up the Moonbase to all LEGO space themes, not just Classic Space. We are trying to figure out how to do that. One way is to introduce factions at some point but that represents some technical challenges.

On a related not we also want to introduce LUP Properties so for example you could have a Moonbase property to make your own. You will also notice we have no vendors. This is because ND didn't want us to "break" the LU economy. Our idea is to have a distinct LUP economy with different currency then the rest of the game. That way we can have vendors and introduce much more playability to the level but we have to convince others it is needed. The best way to do that is to make sure it is known far and wide that this is needed.

Many of these things we have to convince LEGO and ND are desirable for fans.

-Eric

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

By: Sim533 (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM GMT  
Sim533

There should be a mix of them. Maybe we can have a classic HQ and a mars mission HQ, and so on.

It's Frown that we cannot buy the awesome rocket pieces from Moonbase.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: Flipz (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM GMT  
Flipz

Quote by: kingsley

This is an interesting discussion. We do want to open up the Moonbase to all LEGO space themes, not just Classic Space. We are trying to figure out how to do that. One way is to introduce factions at some point but that represents some technical challenges.

On a related not we also want to introduce LUP Properties so for example you could have a Moonbase property to make your own. You will also notice we have no vendors. This is because ND didn't want us to "break" the LU economy. Our idea is to have a distinct LUP economy with different currency then the rest of the game. That way we can have vendors and introduce much more playability to the level but we have to convince others it is needed. The best way to do that is to make sure it is known far and wide that this is needed.

-Eric

If we truly want to expand Moonbase to include all themes, we'll also need to convince the LDD team to put the Mars Mission aliens and other lost pieces back into LDD 4.

As for how to open up Moonbase to other themes, why not have de facto "Factions"? That is, you don't join them like you do the Nexus Force Factions, but instead just gather equipment from the desired faction as you wish (a la the Pirate and Ninja equipment in the main game).

As for a Moonbase Property: YES. Eek! Mr. Green I have SO many ideas for my own space-themed property, it's not even funny. LOL.

And as for a LUP currency system, why not use a modification of the existing Faction Tokens system? The core infrastructure is there, you just create a "LUP Token" item and set a high drop rate for it from smashables/enemies on LUP worlds. Then, when you talk to a LUP vendor, they detect how many LUP Tokens you have and display whether or not you can afford the item (just like the existing Faction Vendors). Also, I don't see how there could be a problem with having a Moonbase Model Vendor that used normal coins; the cost of the models would be determined the same way as the cost of all the other models in LU, and if players ran out of backpack space while on Moonbase Alpha, they could go to the model vendor to sell stuff, as usual.

Bradford Rant Pod 7 winner, LU Alpha Tester, LU Beta tester, and Council Member of the Phoenix Command Group (on the LU Creation Lab).
Forum Chatty
Chatty

I am currently
located in the
position where I am
currently located.

Profile   Website  

By: Yhnmko1 (offline) on Wednesday, November 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM GMT  
Yhnmko1

Quote by: Flipz

Quote by: kingsley

-Eric

If we truly want to expand Moonbase to include all themes, we'll also need to convince the LDD team to put the Mars Mission aliens and other lost pieces back into LDD 4.

As for how to open up Moonbase to other themes, why not have de facto "Factions"? That is, you don't join them like you do the Nexus Force Factions, but instead just gather equipment from the desired faction as you wish (a la the Pirate and Ninja equipment in the main game).

As for a Moonbase Property: YES. Eek! Mr. Green I have SO many ideas for my own space-themed property, it's not even funny. LOL.

And as for a LUP currency system, why not use a modification of the existing Faction Tokens system? The core infrastructure is there, you just create a "LUP Token" item and set a high drop rate for it from smashables/enemies on LUP worlds. Then, when you talk to a LUP vendor, they detect how many LUP Tokens you have and display whether or not you can afford the item (just like the existing Faction Vendors). Also, I don't see how there could be a problem with having a Moonbase Model Vendor that used normal coins; the cost of the models would be determined the same way as the cost of all the other models in LU, and if players ran out of backpack space while on Moonbase Alpha, they could go to the model vendor to sell stuff, as usual.

A moonbase prop would be perfect for my SUB-FAST team. Idea: Have buyable versions of models around the moonbase for sale at a model vendor..

Lego Universe Wiki

Forum Junior
Junior

United States, North
America, Earth, The
Solar System, The
Milky Way Galaxy,
The Universe

By: willr2d213 (offline) on Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 02:28 AM BST  
willr2d213

Cool!

-willr2d213
Beta Tester
Pre-Orderer
Rank 3 Knight
LegoUniverseStories.wikia.com

Forum Junior
Junior

All times are BST. The time is now 07:31 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events