Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:48 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > Story Ideas
 My Initial Story Followup Idea
 |  Printable Version
By: Supersoradude (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 02:43 PM GMT (Read 413 times)  
Supersoradude

While apparently there's no plans on integrating Maelstrom into Moonbase (yet anyway) here's my follow up story to the initial story...

I plan to make some models later, but LDD won't open... (@Kingsley: Do you have the link to that other virtual LEGO Building tool you mentioned?)

After all of the missions on Moonbase have been completed, all seems calm and quiet, aside from the occasional Piratron ships buzzing about overhead. Perhaps some players decide to go to other worlds and take care of some other quests, after completing the first round on Moonbase.

One day, a strange object with a purplish haze crash-lands just a few feet from the entry gate of Moonbase.

No one seems to notice the strange object, except for one small worker droid - NXS 232. The curious droid observes the strange object from behind Moonbase dome. Right before it prepares to leave, a bright flash occurs, and the strange object is split in two from a purple laser emitted from within the object. The contents of the object (Maelstrom, as it happens) pour out of the object (as a globular liquid) and begin to make contact with the moon rock below - turning the moon rock into various Maelstrom beings, known as Moonlings. (Or Moon Stromlings.) Terrified, the worker droid begins to send out a transmission warning others of the danger. But shortly after the transmission is sent out, the Moonlings are able to penetrate the Dome without halting (due to a special ability native to the Moonlings that allows them to penetrate some objects) and they overtake the droid, infecting it with Maelstrom. 

Shortly after, Commander Han Nibble receives the transmission, and sends out messages to minifigs across the Universe (in the form of Mail) issuing a distress call for help. 

When the minifigs re-arrive at Moonbase (if they have completed the previous missions), they will find that Commander Han Nibble is cornered by a few Moonlings. Though he fights valliantly, he soon becomes overpowered, and it's up to the minifigs to help smash the Moonlings and save Commander Han Nibble. (Players attack Moonlings while Han Nibble assists occasionally with blasts from a stun gun or some other form of attack.) 

After Han Nibble is saved, he thanks the minifigs, and gives them a mission - to take a few Moonling samples to Paradox for further inspection. After they complete this mission, they discover that the type of Maelstrom that infected the moon rocks is among the most powerful - and it also hails from an uncommon source. An antidote is discovered that may help allude or even extinguish the Maelstrom (since it infected moon rocks and not "living" minifigs) though they are warned that any remains of the Maelstrom substance must be contained and returned to the Paradox, with the help of a special device called a Maelstrom Collector. (Somewhat of a vacuum like item.) As the remains of the Maelstrom are valuable to Paradox research, minifigs can continue to return specimens to Paradox for more rewards, such as Faction tokens, coins, etc.

The antidote aforementioned would be stored in a second part of the Maelstrom Collector; minifigs could switch to a second ability of the item that shoots the antidote at the Maelstrom.

Whenever the minifigs return to Han Nibble (after giving the Maelstrom specimen to the Paradox), they give him a note from the Paradox stating information about the Maelstrom.

Han Nibble congratulates them on their valiant efforts, and asks them to do one last favor.

He tells them that a small group of Moonlings are centered near the entry area and crash site of the object that harbored the Maelstrom. He requests that they visit the area and destroy all of the Moonlings. 

There are about 20-25 Moonlings, each coming out in different waves. The battle is set up in a Survival-like form, but instead of Survival, the mission is to defeat all of the Moonlings that appear. The first wave contains ten of the weakest Moonlings; the next contains five of the medium-strength Moonlings; the final group consists of five/ten of the strongest Moonlings. After they are defeated, the minigame instance ends, and the Maelstrom remnants can be collected with the Maelstrom Collector.

Upon returning to Han Nibble, the minifigs are thanked for their hard work, and are given a special rocket part for a new rocket. Afterwards, the players can return to Nibble for bonus missions, in which they exterminate certain amounts of Grabbles in exchange for the other two rocket parts.

The story could continue further (into a third set of Missions) by bringing in the worker droid that became infected by the Maelstrom, allowing minifigs to return to investigate some interesting occurrences surrounding the droid's reappearance.

Again, I didn't exactly realize that Maelstrom weren't planned to be brought in, and this happened to be an early idea.
Maybe after the release of Moonbase I'll think of something else...

Enjoy, either way. Smile

Proudly Playing LEGO Universe since March 10, 2010!

I was the first normal user to join here... does that make me a Pioneer? :P

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile   Website  

By: Sim533 (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 04:06 PM GMT  
Sim533

This seems to be a good story to get some ideas out!

Well, we now have missions for Capt. Jack Knife in the game. Maybe you guys can do the same but with moon stones. We need to return them to somebody of Moonbase. We can find a number of stones on each world.

That will be good for another 6-7 missions.

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: jamesster (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 04:07 PM GMT  
jamesster

Honestly, I would rather keep the Moonbase Maelstrom-free, for several reasons.

1 - Now, I'm not totally sure about this, but seeing as you access Starbase 3001 with a teleporter, and the fact that Crux seems to have been quite a ways away from Moonbase Alpha (I'm pretty sure they would have noticed the weird cube in the distance if it was somewhat close), so chances are the Maelstrom is too far away to reach it any time soon.

2 - We've already got Piratron and Grabbles to deal with, I don't think we need yet another enemy (Unless Blacktron was somehow involved, which would be awesome).

Playing LEGO Universe since December 8th, 2009. Member of LEGO Kids Inner Circle and local LEGO nerd.

Forum Junior
Junior

Texas

Profile Email    

By: Supersoradude (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 08:34 PM GMT  
Supersoradude

Quote by: jamesster

1 - Now, I'm not totally sure about this, but seeing as you access Starbase 3001 with a teleporter, and the fact that Crux seems to have been quite a ways away from Moonbase Alpha (I'm pretty sure they would have noticed the weird cube in the distance if it was somewhat close), so chances are the Maelstrom is too far away to reach it any time soon.

2 - We've already got Piratron and Grabbles to deal with, I don't think we need yet another enemy (Unless Blacktron was somehow involved, which would be awesome).

True, but if memory serves me correctly, Crux exploded into countless smaller worlds. Isn't Moonbase one of those worlds? Smile

And the source of the Maelstrom was left unknown, so Blacktron could be included. Smile

Proudly Playing LEGO Universe since March 10, 2010!

I was the first normal user to join here... does that make me a Pioneer? :P

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile   Website  

By: jamesster (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 08:55 PM GMT  
jamesster

Quote by: Supersoradude

True, but if memory serves me correctly, Crux exploded into countless smaller worlds. Isn't Moonbase one of those worlds? Smile

And the source of the Maelstrom was left unknown, so Blacktron could be included. Smile

Now, don't quote me on this as I could easily be wrong, but I think that the Moonbase is on an actual moon orbiting an actual, whole, planet, and is not a piece of Crux. I don't know for sure though. But still, I think we should only stick with one villain in a world at a time.

Playing LEGO Universe since December 8th, 2009. Member of LEGO Kids Inner Circle and local LEGO nerd.

Forum Junior
Junior

Texas

Profile Email    

By: Sim533 (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 09:10 PM GMT  
Sim533

Quote by: Supersoradude

Now, don't quote me on this as I could easily be wrong, but I think that the Moonbase is on an actual moon orbiting an actual, whole, planet, and is not a piece of Crux. I don't know for sure though. But still, I think we should only stick with one villain in a world at a time.

http://universe.lego.com/en-gb/thegame/world.aspx

According to the page above, I believe that Moonbase is a part of Crux.
The Maelstrom has blown Planet Crux into thousands of worlds before forming into a swirling black hole of chaos energy!

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: jamesster (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 09:25 PM GMT  
jamesster

KILL THE QUOTE TREE! Razz

Anyways, I would like to counter that with a statement from the wiki on this very site that seems to say that it is NOT a Chunk-o-Crux:

Moonbase Alpha is a small mining installation mining Imaginatium a powerful fuel for both the base and the home planet as well.

Forum Junior
Junior

Texas

Profile Email    

By: kingsley (offline) on Friday, November 05 2010 @ 02:37 AM GMT  
kingsley

Here is a link to the other tool for you...

http://www.ldraw.org/

-Eric

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

All times are BST. The time is now 07:48 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events