Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:45 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > General Discussion
 Minigame Ideas
 |  Printable Version
By: LUfan350 (offline) on Wednesday, November 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM GMT (Read 810 times)  
LUfan350

Hello, everyone! You may recognize me from the LEGO Message Boards as maestro35, especially you, yhmnko1. Anyway, I think that there should be a minigame on this world. Post your ideas! Mine is a rocket creator and battle system. For example, you go to this one place (minigame entrance), and you press "Shift". A window pops up, containing the following: (script) "Welcome to the Moonbase Space Battle Game. Please select what you would like to do."; (options) "Build Rocket" and "Play!". When you select "Build Rocket", the window goes away, and your minifigure creates a doorway with his hands, as upon traveling to Starbase 3001. Once he steps inside the doorway, you are transported to a small room (maintaining the space theme) containing a vendor and two imagination areas (one modular build, the other free build). The vendor sells at least ten different types of each of the following: nose, cockpit (enclosed), thrusters, and weapon. Please ellaborate on what is sold. You use the pieces for building when you enter the modular build imagination area. You build your own spacecraft, save it as a model, then enter the free build imagination area to customize the colors. Once customized to satisfaction, you save the model again, and leave the room through the portal that brought you in there. Once you are back out, interact with the minigame entrance again. This time select "Play!" to enter the minigame. Note: if you press play without having a Moonbase Minigame Spacecraft (like the one just described), you will receive an error message telling you what to do. The gameplay consists of a 3D interface, allowing you to move in the following way:
Up Arrow Key: moves you down
Down Arrow Key: moves you up
Left Arrow Key: moves you left
Right Arrow Key: moves you right
Note: you are always moving forward, just using the arrow keys to direct which way you're going forward.
The handling of the spacecraft should be sharp and immediately responsive, much like that of the racing. Use Spacebar to fire with the select weapon that you equipped your spacecraft with. You fire at the Grabble spacecraft, which I might create in LDD and post. You earn points for each ship you destroy. Note: you cannot destroy other players' craft. When you are blown up, you have the option to restart or quit. If you quit, the number of points you earned on your best play are converted into coins and added to your stash. For example, if your best score in all the times you played in a session was, say, 6,731, then you would get 6,731 coins upon exit, therefore ending your session. I think that's all I have for now, please post your ideas for minigames!

~maestro35~
big fan of LU
big poster on LEGO.com LU message boards
maestro35 in-game
BETA tester (for three days)

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: xpgamer (offline) on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 12:20 AM GMT  
xpgamer

Thats not a bad idea!

Played LU since october 8th 2010
also got full daredevil/buccaneer rank 3 in one day

Forum Newbie

Here

Profile Email    

By: Sim533 (offline) on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 05:09 AM GMT  
Sim533

Hmm, not sure if this is possible for Netdevil. It is a very good idea, indeed!

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 04:33 PM GMT  
Redboy31

While that would be completely awesome, the Lups are probably not good enough at computer programming to do it themselves. (kingsley said he and the rest of the A-team had to get Netdevil to do character animation for them, so they definitely couldn't do an entire minigame). What would be more likely is if Netdevil made a version somewhere else (like off the edge of one of the planets) and then the A-team made a new level for it.

RB-31, Assembly Engineer, Beta Tester, Founder, and a great builder!

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: LUfan350 (offline) on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM GMT  
LUfan350

Quote by: xpgamer

Thats not a bad idea!

Of course it isn't, xp!Razz

~maestro35~
big fan of LU
big poster on LEGO.com LU message boards
maestro35 in-game
BETA tester (for three days)

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: xpgamer (offline) on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM GMT  
xpgamer

Quote by: LUfan350

Quote by: xpgamer

Thats not a bad idea!

Of course it isn't, xp!Razz

I didn't know that Razz jk

Played LU since october 8th 2010
also got full daredevil/buccaneer rank 3 in one day

Forum Newbie

Here

Profile Email    

By: Supersoradude (offline) on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM GMT  
Supersoradude

I could see this happening...

The room could be built underneath Moonbase or something. But the problem comes with the fact that it's up to NetDevil as far as programming goes. That would be up to them, from that point...

Proudly Playing LEGO Universe since March 10, 2010!

I was the first normal user to join here... does that make me a Pioneer? :P

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile   Website  

By: Sim533 (offline) on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM GMT  
Sim533

Quote by: Supersoradude

The room could be built underneath Moonbase or something. But the problem comes with the fact that it's up to NetDevil as far as programming goes. That would be up to them, from that point...

I like the idea, and I don't think that should be a problem. If they can build up (like the momument), then they can build down as well.

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: Flipz (offline) on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM GMT  
Flipz

Quote by: Sim533

Quote by: Supersoradude

I like the idea, and I don't think that should be a problem. If they can build up (like the momument), then they can build down as well.

Although I love the idea, the primary issue is that NetDevil would have to, in essence, build an entirely new game engine to power this minigame. They might be willing to do that in a few months, but right now they'd probably rather we build resources for a Moonbase version of the existing minigames--you know, so they can see if the world is popular enough to decide whether or not they want to devote additional resources to LUP world development or if they want to focus on expanding the "core" worlds/story.

Bradford Rant Pod 7 winner, LU Alpha Tester, LU Beta tester, and Council Member of the Phoenix Command Group (on the LU Creation Lab).
Forum Chatty
Chatty

I am currently
located in the
position where I am
currently located.

Profile   Website  

By: Nealybealy (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 02:15 AM GMT  
Nealybealy

I like the idea except there would be one problem: New vendors would be needed. Where would these parts come from? A model rocket vendor would be needed.

IT'S ME NEALYBEALY!!!!!
Oh, I'm also ScaredSmiley.. But who cares because I'm NEALYBEALY!
*Beta Tester*
*Pre-Ordered the game*
*Has a Quiver, King's Crown and other rare items*

Forum Newbie

Forbidden Valley
Dragon Den

Profile Email Website  

All times are BST. The time is now 07:45 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events