Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:23 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > General Discussion
 Classic-Space Monorail?
 |  Printable Version
By: Nealybealy (offline) on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 10:27 PM GMT (Read 1264 times)  
Nealybealy

Wouldn't it be cool if you added a monorail [like this one: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6991-1] and you could ride it to different areas instead of walking? This would give you much more of a feeling of Classic Space. Tickets onto the monorail would cost 500 coins and the monorail departs every 3 minutes [so people have time to get on and off]. And there would be mission givers on the monorail with you like this one: Classe Sparce gives you a mission to get her an apple.

IT'S ME NEALYBEALY!!!!!
Oh, I'm also ScaredSmiley.. But who cares because I'm NEALYBEALY!
*Beta Tester*
*Pre-Ordered the game*
*Has a Quiver, King's Crown and other rare items*

Forum Newbie

Forbidden Valley
Dragon Den

Profile Email Website  

By: Yhnmko1 (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM GMT  
Yhnmko1

I'll make a monorail!

LKIC Member|Alpha Tester|Beta Tester|LU Wiki Admin

Lego Universe Wiki

Forum Junior
Junior

United States, North
America, Earth, The
Solar System, The
Milky Way Galaxy,
The Universe

By: Nealybealy (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 01:59 AM GMT  
Nealybealy

Quote by: Yhnmko1

I'll make a monorail!

It just sounded to me like a perfect idea for moonbase, what is more classic then the monorail?

IT'S ME NEALYBEALY!!!!!
*Beta Tester*
*Pre-Ordered the game*

Forum Newbie

Forbidden Valley
Dragon Den

Profile Email Website  

By: Nealybealy (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 02:10 AM GMT  
Nealybealy

Quote by: Nealybealy

Wouldn't it be cool if you added a monorail [like this one: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6991-1] and you could ride it to different areas instead of walking? This would give you much more of a feeling of Classic Space. Tickets onto the monorail would cost 500 coins and the monorail departs every 3 minutes [so people have time to get on and off]. And there would be mission givers on the monorail with you like this one: Classe Sparce gives you a mission to get her an apple.

Continued...

Classe Sparce directs you to a vendor, sitting in another car of the monorail. Go talk to the vendor, named Delta Star. He sells these items: Apple: 250 coins, Air Tanks [Classic Space Shoulderpads] 2 Armor Points, 3 Imagination: 4,500 coins, Jetpack [As seen in Beta] 3 Armor, 3 Imagination plus flight ability which means you can jump extra high and glide across the world: 15,000 coins, Assorted Healing items: 100 to 500 coins, Classic Space Gun 2+2+3: 5,000 Coins. Once you go back to Classe Sparce, she hands you a Map Piece to Piratron Base [1 of 3]. Find Trooper Scorch at the next monorail station and speak to him. He gives you a quest to find his Trooper-Quality Ray Gun from smashing Grabbles. After smashing 20-40 grabbles, you receive his gun. Go back to Trooper Scorch who hands you Map Piece to Piratron Base [2 of 3]. After the mission is complete, Trooper Scorch sends you to find Wounded Trooper Owch. He seeks 3 Medical Kits, found on the monorail vendor, named Delta Star. After buying all 3 medical kits, return to Owch who will then hand you a Map Piece to Piratron Base [3 of 3]. This unlocks a quest titled "Hidden Base" by talking to Trooper Scorch. He tells you to do a recon mission at this new location. This is all for now, I'll post some more tommorow.

IT'S ME NEALYBEALY!!!!!
*Beta Tester*
*Pre-Ordered the game*

Forum Newbie

Forbidden Valley
Dragon Den

Profile Email Website  

By: Sim533 (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM GMT  
Sim533

There was already an idea for a train in the space, but without pictures. This sounds like an awesome idea. The only problem will be the coding of it again. Take a look at the snails in portabello, those are difficult to ride on. What will it be with the monorail?

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: kingsley (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM GMT  
kingsley

Interesting ideas. There are a host if possible technical issues with a Monorail but it would be nice.

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

By: Nealybealy (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM GMT  
Nealybealy

Quote by: kingsley

Interesting ideas. There are a host if possible technical issues with a Monorail but it would be nice.

I know it would be tough to do, but in the end it would be very nice. Also some of the quests I mentioned would be related to the Monorail. I got a LEGO Monorail a year or two ago from a yard sale [The monorail I got was the link I put on my first post on this topic] for $5. It works and I really want to see something monorail-themed in LEGO Universe.

IT'S ME NEALYBEALY!!!!!
*Beta Tester*
*Pre-Ordered the game*

Forum Newbie

Forbidden Valley
Dragon Den

Profile Email Website  

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Tuesday, November 23 2010 @ 01:10 AM GMT  
Redboy31

Quote by: Sim533

There was already an idea for a train in the space, but without pictures. This sounds like an awesome idea. The only problem will be the coding of it again. Take a look at the snails in portabello, those are difficult to ride on. What will it be with the monorail?

About the problem with riding it, remember that it is a monorail and not a flying snail. The snails had nothing to save you if lag caused you to slip. The monorail would have guardrails or walls to keep you on if you did slip. You could still fall off if the monorail was moving very fast, but do you really expect it to?

RB-31, Assembly Engineer, Beta Tester, Founder, and a great builder!

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Tuesday, November 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM GMT  
Redboy31

Nice idea. Then all 3 of the LUP worlds would have moving objects to ride. I am not sure that there will be missions for it though. Netdevil does not want the LUPs messing with the econonmy of the game, so having missions giving items with any stats at all would probably be out of the question.

RB-31, Assembly Engineer, Beta Tester, Founder, and a great builder!

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: Nealybealy (offline) on Wednesday, November 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM GMT  
Nealybealy

Quote by: Redboy31

Nice idea. Then all 3 of the LUP worlds would have moving objects to ride. I am not sure that there will be missions for it though. Netdevil does not want the LUPs messing with the econonmy of the game, so having missions giving items with any stats at all would probably be out of the question.

Yeah I just put those items in as ideas. Nothing that I really want to come out. But thank you.

IT'S ME NEALYBEALY!!!!!
*Beta Tester*
*Pre-Ordered the game*

Forum Newbie

Forbidden Valley
Dragon Den

Profile Email Website  

All times are BST. The time is now 07:23 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events