Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:27 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > Story Ideas
 Existing canon
 |  Printable Version
By: jamesster (offline) on Friday, November 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM GMT (Read 710 times)  
jamesster

A compilation of existing LEGO Space canon story.

Insectoids Invasion was a book released in 1998 and explained the backstory for the Insectoids line. I don't own the book; I just got it from the library, so I don't have it handy for reference now. But here is the basic plot. The first page of the book said that after a civil war with their cruel leader (It is not explained who this leader is), the Zotaxians fled their home planet, Zotax, and crash landed on the massive planet Holox. They set up bases on the surface, but due to the hostile conditions of the planet their food-giving plants were unable to grow. They then discovered that Holox had several inner layers and that the inside of the planet had an entire ecosystem, with the core of the planet acting as a sun. However, the deeper layers were home to "Bilgen Bugs", giant insect creatures that lived off of the heat. The Zotaxians then disguised their vehicles as bugs, and created Voltstones, devices that looked like Bilgen Bug eggs, but in fact harvested the energy of the "inner sun". However, the Bilgen Bugs saw through the disguise, and a war broke out. The book then lets you choose your side and play through the pages as a game, leaving it undecided who eventually one. Explorians, UFO, Spyrius, and Aquasharks sets also appeared, with Explorians working alongside the Zotaxians, and UFO, Aquasharks and Spyrius against them.

[In my person fan fiction, the cruel leader mentioned is Alpha Draconis/Dragonis (He has two spellings of his name, Draconis in most places but Dragonis in LEGO Racers). Alpha and his army invaded Zotax and took over, a war broke out, and when the Zotaxians fled Alpha pursued them to Holox. The Explorians were also investigating the planet at the time, and Spyrius was attempting to steal their technology. As for Aquasharks, they only appear in one spot (A swap near the inner layers), so I don't pay much attention to them.]

Jim Spaceborn: The Unknown Galaxy - I have already talked about this in another topic, so I will just link to it.

Life on Mars - The story for this theme was mainly told in Radio Logs posted on LEGO.com. As I see it, this theme took place before any other LEGO Space theme, showing the beginning of space travel in LEGO Universe. You can read most of the Radio Logs here: biodiumvault.wordpress. com/story/radio-logs

LEGO Battles - This game's Space segment was based off of Mars Mission and Space Police 3. You could play as both the Astronauts and Aliens, seeing the story from both angles. Each side was broken up into 3 acts, which contained 4 to 6 levels. Before each act, there was a cutscene, and also a cutscene after the story was completed. I have compiled all the Space cutscenes into a video here:

www . youtube . com/watch?v=mab6TrkGDYY

There were also small bits of story before every level, which I have compiled here. Note that the Mars Mission aliens are NOT native to Mars.

[More of my personal fan fiction. After the events of Life on Mars, the environment on Mars became more hostile due to volcanic eruptions. The Martians left the planet and moved to other world being explored by the Space Agency (Or whatever you want to call the organization with the Classic Space logo), and Mars was abandoned and left unexplored. The volcanoes spewed out many rocks and minerals from deep beneath the planet's surface, and Energy Crystals formed. After Biff and Gemma crash-landed on the planet and reported their findings to Earth Command, more troops were sent to investigate the findings... The rest is history]

Space Police 3 had a separate story of it's own, taking place inside a future city built on an asteroid. The story was told through stop-motion videos posted on LEGO.com

Episode 1 www . youtube . com/watch?v=WZCEvpC56es
Episode 2 www . youtube . com/watch?v=XKRZsatEhtc
Episode 3 www . youtube . com/watch?v=eOyq_H8sqeM
Episode 4 www . youtube . com/watch?v=yx11sQbOSLw
Episode 5 www . youtube . com/watch?v=-4H1PG0s9qo
Episode 6 www . youtube . com/watch?v=A5mGF7kjhSc

I'll probably add on to this later when I have time, but I'm done for now. This is also incomplete, as Jim Spaceborn 2 is not on here (I can't add any info on it because I do not have it).

Playing LEGO Universe since December 8th, 2009. Member of LEGO Kids Inner Circle and local LEGO nerd.

Forum Junior
Junior

Texas

Profile Email    

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Friday, November 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM GMT  
Redboy31

It's interesting to know more about the Lego themes that have already existed. But what does this have to do with Moonbase, which doesn't even have Blacktron? Anyway, thanks for the info.

RB-31, Assembly Engineer, Beta Tester, Founder, and a great builder!

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: jamesster (offline) on Friday, November 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM GMT  
jamesster

Because if other themes get involved it is good to have some background.

More info! Here are some translations of German ads:

Original ads: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=354710

"Explorers, Monsters and Mutants

The Spyrians have, again, captured two satellites and a rocket from the research center on the Ice Planet and taken them to their planet, Spyrius. Can the Space Police prevail against the Spyrians?

The Planet of the spies. The Spyrians have it ready to steal between high-tech systems and what and how they can. The goods they would hide in secret places on Spyrius, shielded by robots.

In the ice cold cryosphere of Ice Planet, explorers research for new technologies for interstellar communication. Unfortunately their innovative rockets and satellites get stolen continually. Maybe there's a spy from Spyrius within their engineers?

The Space Police, the fastest and most advanced space vehicles in the galaxy. This makes it the missiles on the trail of thieves. But the mutant robot on the Spyrius educational work make it difficult.”

The last bit didn't translate so well, but I think it gets the point across. The Space Police have very advanced ships and are on the trail of the Spyrians, but the Spyrian's mechs make things difficult. Notice how Spyrians are often called mutants...

“For galactic chills and thrills check out this awesome group. They live on a frozen planet and their super secret rocket technology is wanted by everyone in the universe.”

This next bit is from a set box:

“The ice planet Krysto, with its vast network of frozen tunnels and caves, is the capital of a remote part of the universe known as Ice Planet 2002. It is from this snow covered planet that rocket technicians are conducting top secret research. Their findings are coveted by the Blacktron forces and even renegades within the Space Police.”

So...
Krysto is the name of the Ice Planet.
Spyrius is the name of the planet the Spyrius villains call home, not just the name of the organization.
Spyrians are often called mutants.
The minifigs on Krysto are developing satellites, which are often stolen by Blacktron and Spyrius.

Playing LEGO Universe since December 8th, 2009. Member of LEGO Kids Inner Circle and local LEGO nerd.

Forum Junior
Junior

Texas

Profile Email    

By: Kryiptuun (offline) on Wednesday, December 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM GMT  
Kryiptuun

Hmm, nice to know that Aquasharks have been used. The creator of the Aquazone theme (according to a LEGO employee) stated that Aquazone takes place on an aquatic planet, so it is indeed a Space theme.
I've always been quite curious about Jim Spaceborn and the LoM radio logs, so thanks for sharing those.

Beta tested the game since May 6th, 2010.
Was invited to join Alpha but the invite was sent to my brother's email that he never checks :/
Won Pod 4 on December 18th, 2009.

Forum Newbie

Caldera Mar

Profile Email    

All times are BST. The time is now 07:27 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events