Login
Welcome to Moonbase.lu
Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 07:21 PM BST

LEGO Brand Retail

Forum Index > General > General Discussion
 Various new ideas...
 |  Printable Version
By: Redboy31 (offline) on Thursday, November 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM GMT (Read 348 times)  
Redboy31

Here are some general ideas for Moonbase.
Gravity should be a little lower to feel more like the moon, remember that moon gravity is one-sixth of Earth gravity. However, since minifigs have superhuman jumping ablility anyways, maybe one-third normal LU gravity would be better.

Grabbles should have 4 health (so they don't get one-hit-smashed by elite weapons), should be faster, should often try to get you in the back, and sometimes jump over you. They are kind of like pests, and that would make them even more so.

Make some Piratron ships fly around directly above the Moonbase, and have some kind of turret firing at them. Also, make the ships fire lasers downward, sometimes hitting minifigures running around in the large crater area.

And, maybe make the hole in the wall that lets you get into the main base a little easier to jump into?

RB-31, Assembly Engineer, Beta Tester, Founder, and a great builder!

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: Sim533 (offline) on Thursday, November 11 2010 @ 06:14 PM GMT  
Sim533

Quote by: Redboy31

Gravity should be a little lower to feel more like the moon, remember that moon gravity is one-sixth of Earth gravity. However, since minifigs have superhuman jumping ablility anyways, maybe one-third normal LU gravity would be better.

Grabbles should have 4 health (so they don't get one-hit-smashed by elite weapons), should be faster, should often try to get you in the back, and sometimes jump over you. They are kind of like pests, and that would make them even more so.

Make some Piratron ships fly around directly above the Moonbase, and have some kind of turret firing at them. Also, make the ships fire lasers downward, sometimes hitting minifigures running around in the large crater area.

And, maybe make the hole in the wall that lets you get into the main base a little easier to jump into?

I disagree with the first 2.

I think it's good as it now is. Everyone likes the gravity.
Same for the grabbles, they are good enough now to defeat. I don't want to see the same as what happened with the Maelstrom Dragon in Beta.

I agree with the other 2.

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: Flipz (offline) on Thursday, November 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM GMT  
Flipz

Quote by: Sim533

Same for the grabbles, they are good enough now to defeat. I don't want to see the same as what happened with the Maelstrom Dragon in Beta.

Ugh, don't remind me about the dragons...remember when they were actually FUN to fight? And then they went and made everything in FV WAY too hard...let's not do that here.

As for the turret: I've actually built a model that would be great for that; It'd be even more fun to have a Moonbase Alpha shooting gallery, where you could take control of a turret and shoot down incoming Piratron starfighters.

Bradford Rant Pod 7 winner, LU Alpha Tester, LU Beta tester, and Council Member of the Phoenix Command Group (on the LU Creation Lab).
Forum Chatty
Chatty

I am currently
located in the
position where I am
currently located.

Profile   Website  

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Thursday, November 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM GMT  
Redboy31

About the grabbles thing, I don't want them to be super hard, just a little bit more of a challenge and also unique. (Really, if you have an elite weapon they are nothing more than Stromlings that look different.) They would still only have a weak biting attack, they would just be a little harder to catch.

Yeah, i guess the gravity doesn't have to be lower, but it would be fun Wink

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: Supersoradude (offline) on Friday, November 12 2010 @ 02:47 AM GMT  
Supersoradude

Quote by: Flipz

Ugh, don't remind me about the dragons...remember when they were actually FUN to fight? And then they went and made everything in FV WAY too hard...let's not do that here.

As for the turret: I've actually built a model that would be great for that; It'd be even more fun to have a Moonbase Alpha shooting gallery, where you could take control of a turret and shoot down incoming Piratron starfighters.

I thought dragons were fun to fight. Even after the update. Smile

Aaaanywho... I agree with Sim533 and Flipz: love the last two, don't love the first two quite as much. Wink

Proudly Playing LEGO Universe since March 10, 2010!

I was the first normal user to join here... does that make me a Pioneer? :P

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile   Website  

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Friday, November 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM GMT  
Redboy31

And here are some more:
Make some kind of cargo train ship circling around the Moonbase, would be fun to ride it.

Place a nametag over the Piratron member trapped in the jail cell next to Han Nibble, saying "Jailed Piratron" so you know who he is, and know why he looks so sad and is trapped in a box.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

By: Sim533 (offline) on Friday, November 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM GMT  
Sim533

And here are some more:
Make some kind of cargo train ship circling around the Moonbase, would be fun to ride it.

Place a nametag over the Piratron member trapped in the jail cell next to Han Nibble, saying "Jailed Piratron" so you know who he is, and know why he looks so sad and is trapped in a box.

The first idea is very good to work with. It will be a bit copying from Deepfreeze (They have the ice rider already), but it should be OK.
Maybe you can make a tunnel for that with lights and all the rest, where the space train can ride trough from part to part...

Sim533 -- Here to help you!

Playing beta since March 27, 2010. Playing LU's official version since October 19, 2010.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

By: Redboy31 (offline) on Saturday, November 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM GMT  
Redboy31

And here are some more:

The first idea is very good to work with. It will be a bit copying from Deepfreeze (They have the ice rider already), but it should be OK.
Maybe you can make a tunnel for that with lights and all the rest, where the space train can ride trough from part to part...

Actually, the space train would be flying in the air, so it would be different then from the Deepfreeze zamboni machine.
Maybe, at a cetain point, a dome would go over the top of each car, then it would fly out of the moonbase to allow users to look at some of the moon terrain outside the base.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Red Town, Avant
Grove

Profile Email    

All times are BST. The time is now 07:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Support Moonbase.lu

As you know this is an unpaid fan project. Help defer the cost of this site and show your support with a contribution of your choosing.

Remember the Domain and hosting are not free.

My Account

Lost your password?

Related Sites

Brickapalooza - Celebrating the LEGO Maniac

LEGO Trains and Town

Upcoming Events

There are no upcoming events